A Bathroom Fit For a King
Here at Planet Elldrew we are 3, or so, years behind an almost entire renovation of what was then our new house. After purchase we changed everything except the bathroom as its current simple style fitted in with our overall design plans, so it just needed a fresh lick of paint at the time.
For the house’s 3rd birthday, and a little treat to ourselves, we decided to finally freshen up that main bathroom. Bathrooms and kitchens are never easy to get right – we spent so much time creating a stylish kitchen that worked with our limited space that we wanted something contemporary for the bathroom, that maintained the masculine aesthetics we have running throughout the rest of the house…the focal point being to create a room that wouldn’t date too quickly (or that we’d become bored of within a week)!
After several weekends traipsing around London viewing showrooms that seemed to stock carbon copied units, meeting a host of uninspired showroom attendants who just wanted to sell modern ‘off spec’ items, we thankfully walked through the doors of ‘Just Add Water’ in Kings Cross, via a recommendation. This tardis-like showroom of immense size, that lurks above a plumbers merchant, had the best selection of bathroom ranges we had seen, we also encountered the charming Andy Smyth, who almost immediately got our design ideas, taking us on a tour of recommended brands in a variety of ranges and prices for us to consider.
It may have taken 6 more weeks of brochures, planning, measuring and back-and-forth with the very patient Andy, but we finally were happy with how our new bathroom was coming to life, so all that was left to do was place the order and start the renovations. We wont bore you with the dull details of how much longer the fitting took than expected, nor the issues caused by uneven floors, cast iron pipes, or delayed stock items, instead we can tell you that after 6 weeks of building work we were delighted with our new bathroom and we wouldn’t change it for the world.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About planetelldrewA lifestyle blog about us tip-toeing around the globe, with a thump.
- Loving the new edition @RockettStGeorge #greenhead #reflection https://t.co/AXSH9qKaZS 18 hours ago
- In wild contradiction to our recent bargain pasta dinner, that same week we also had the pleasure of dining at... fb.me/1fmC8B1l9 2 days ago
- Oblix Restaurant, The Shard,@London planetelldrew.com/2017/10/20/obl… https://t.co/rlG88Fe6i1 2 days ago
- Constantly amazed, during a typical London rush hour commute, it's rare to see 2 people wearing the same outfit (t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @designmilk: Peace Industry Introduces Fall Collection with Four Independent Designers bit.ly/2gSv3gH https://t.co/Lcg0Hz3ikW 3 days ago
- RT @earthescope: Black Spur, Australia | Photo by Jack Purcell https://t.co/WSf6sozuxI 3 days ago